Viewing one post | View all recent posts
Day 281 ~ I have now officially seen it all...
WHAT: Dogs, Fun, Project 365 (2009) | WHEN: October 15, 2009
|So, let me start this post with a brief back story. Shortly after Kylie and I got engaged the discussion came up about getting a dog. I have always been a dog lover and was ready to get one that day. Kylie didn't seem to have the same enthusiasm but agreed we could get one as long as we waited until after we got married so that it wouldn't bond with me and say "Hey, who's this?" when Kylie moved into the house after the wedding. Understandable. I think it's fair to say, though, that the idea of getting a dog was something Kylie was a little more indifferent about... fine if we did, fine if we didn't.
Fast forward to today. Kylie would give our little Mia a kidney if she needed one. If the house was burning down and Kylie only had time to save one thing, I'm not convinced she wouldn't at least hesitate for a few seconds before choosing me or Mia... and then take Mia. I'm (hopefully) kidding about that last part, but she's pretty smitten with Mia-girl. She's definitely stepped in love... and a few other presents from Mia. So much so, that she loves to dress her up in sweaters and rain coats and bows. (say it with me now, "Oh my!")
Anywho, yesterday Kylie dropped Mia off at the groomer and asked if I could pick her up later in the day. To my surprise, below is the animal I was presented when they brought her out.
Here's a Top 10 list of things that went through my head when I first saw her...
10. I'm sorry, ma'am... that's not my dog.
8. [insert image of tear trickling down my cheek] That's so sad.
7. Uh-oh... is that PETA calling?
6. Umm, we asked for Pantone 1795 C. That clearly looks more like Pantone 1935 C.
5. $49 for that?
4. As of this moment, Mia, the neighborhood dogs no longer want to be friends .
3. It'll be okay; maybe I can find some socks to cover those nails.
2. What? No matching red contacts to make her eyes red?
1. What's that? The nail coverings last 6-8 weeks? Oh good, I was hoping they didn't come off after only a day or two.
The other funny (or sad) thing about this is that Kylie asked them to cut the hair on Mia's ears a little shorter this time while leaving the rest of her hair a little longer. Apparently the groomer 1) got confused or 2) thought the shorter style would better accent the nails.
The image below show's another Kylie purchase... pretty much sums things up.
I guess the good news is that the nails coordinate nicely with Mia's Buckeye outfit. Thank goodness for that.