Viewing one post   |   View all recent posts

Happy Birthday, Mia! (... and a Mattagor Replacement?)
WHO: Mia   |   WHAT: Dogs   |   WHEN: December 31, 2010   |   WHERE: Casa de Nicolosi
2 years ago today, New Year's Eve 2008, our (first) little girl made her debut.  I feel a little guilty now knowing that I really didn't want her when we first met her in March of 2009.  I know that sounds bad, and it's not that she wasn't adorable at 11 weeks old. I mean, c'mon... all puppies cute at that age, right?  It's just that I had my heart set on getting another Yorkie since the last one I had was such a great dog, and we were at the breeder that day to see one that was only 4wks old to see if she would be the one we would bring home a few weeks later.  While we were there, the breeder lady had a brother & sister Morkie (Maltese + Yorkie) that were ready to go, and as soon as the little girl snuggled up on Kylie's lap and went to sleep... I knew any notion I had of getting a Yorkie was slipping away right before my eyes. Kylie was putty, and that Morkie pup knew it.

We left and discussed that night what we were going to do, and I still put up a little bit of a fight for a Yorkie.  In the end I compromised, as many husbands do in marriage, and we got the little Morkie.  And to this day, I couldn't be happier because really I've got the best of both worlds... 95% of the time Mia's a fantastic and the sweetest little girl, and the other 5% of the time when she's being less than stellar?  I just sit back, smile, and I tell Kylie, "Well, you picked her."


Poor Mia's had a rough few days towards the end of the year.  Kylie likes to dress her up, and she swears Mia likes it, too.  Yeahhhh... don't Mia's expressions just scream excitement and delight at being paraded around in holiday clown suites?



Hey, exciting news, though!  I think we may have found a Mattagor replacement.  My mom got us an Ohio State gnome for Christmas (as a gag gift, I hope?), and while he's not as regal as Matty was, he might just do.  He's in training right now, but the jury's still out...


... and if Mia's the jury, well, things don't look good for the gnome.  They kinda look related in this next photo, though, don't they?


And to wrap up this post, below are a couple of my favorite images of Mia from the early days.







I still haven't completely forgiven Kylie for the day this next one happened.



See?  More Christmas outfits.  Sorry, Mia.










And finally, this was our first introduction to Mia at the breeders.  This is when I was pretty sure this would be the dog we'd end up coming home with soon.  And I'm glad we did.


Happy birthday, little girl.  Enjoy the next couple months while you still rule the roost around here.  All that's about to change in April.


10





Blog Archives

2016   ~   Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec  

2015   ~   Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec  

2014   ~   Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec  

2013   ~   Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec  

2012   ~   Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec  

2011   ~   Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec  

2010   ~   Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec  

2009   ~   Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec  

2008   ~   Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec  

Old Blog [Feb 2007 - May 2008]
Blog Stats

Posts:  522

Comments:  4,353

Visits:  772,451

Page views:  2,349,848

©2017 Matt Nicolosi Photographic Art, All rights reserved.   |   Website by infinet design 214-621-4264   |   info@mattnicolosi.com