|It's been two months since Saige turned 1, and it's been 2 months since I've done a blog post with her in it. **Insert sound of Father of the Year hopes being dashed here** Crazy how much she's evolved into a little person since then. Anybody that has/had kids this age and says it's not the greatest time just isn't paying attention. Check that... anybody that has/had ONE child this age. I can imagine one you add another kiddo to the mix, it would be a little more, ahem, challenging.
Milestones in the last couple months include:
- Walking like a champ. (includes falling on her tush like a champ, too)
- "Uh-Oh": when she accidentally/intentionally drops things. Occasionally "uh-oh" proceeds food being tossed from the high chair.
- "Dyoh": dog
- "Dyoh dyoh": more than one dog (when Mia has friends over)
- Mastered the process of exfoliating toilet paper from the toilet paper holder
- Pointing: usually accompanied by an "Oooo" or a grunt
- Removing the hand towel from where it hangs in the kitchen. Every day. Multiple times a day.
- Hugs: still hard to come by, but my favorite
- Removing every one of her books from the bookshelf. So far no desire make the effort to put them back.
- Chewing bugs
- Mocking us when she's bypassed child-proof doors/cupboards (could have something to do with the shoddy install job by dad and grandfather Garry)
- Turning on master bathroom faucet. And splashing water everywhere.
- Less patience when the parental units aren't deemed to be working fast enough to appease her whims.
- Holding her breath underwater for 5 seconds.
- Sleeping from 8pm to 8:30-9:00am. Wo-hoo!
- Pulling gum from my mouth.
- Converting food to hair conditioner.
I know many of the folling images from 12-14months have already been posted on Facebook, but I like to post them here as more of a personal record in case (or when) Facebook one day disappears into the internet sunset.
Flipping through a Rangefinder magazine. (Score!)